Thursday, January 02, 2014

Christmas Gifts


I got some very wonderful Christmas presents this year. To start, my parents gave me this beautiful Bespaq Baby House. It's modeled after the old-school Dutch cabinet houses from way back when, which I love.

It even has wee staircases that come out:


It's a true work of art, and I love it. I'm going to fill it up one day with a tiny creation:


As a late gift to myself, I bought this Eames chair for the Heritage Room of the Beacon Hill. My parents had a matching set of these chairs that they got as a wedding present from Ma's mother, so it will make a perfect addition to the room:


I got this little chest for myself to put in the Wizard of Oz rooms of the Beacon Hill. I have doodads for the middle and will put all of the books in the sides:


My sister gave me a gift certificate for minis (AWESOME GIFT), so I took advantage of the after-Christmas sales with it. I got these displays for the Space Room of the Beacon Hill:


I plan on putting NASA goodies in here:


I've been wanting this cow and rooster cookie jar forEVER, and now I have it! I also got a typewriter:


The Golden Gate View is currently making its way across the United States to Farmsville, and this little beauty will be ready when it gets here:


I've also been eyeballing this witch/monkey snow globe for quite some time for the Wizard of Oz rooms. It even has real water in that ball:


This glass vase is GORGEOUS. So delicate and beautiful. It will be for the Golden Gate View:


I got some liquor and wine for the Beacon Hill Bar & Library:


I also got a bottle of Ammonia and a crow bar for the Crime Museum (I didn't take these out of the packages because Gretchen was hovering):


I also got this cute candy dish and a paper weight. These will go in the Golden Gate View:


This last one is confusing me. I bought it with the intention to put it in the B&L, but now it seems like it would be a good match for the Golden Gate View. We'll see:


My sister also gave me a RIDICULOUS chicken birdhouse that I LOVE, but I can't show you until Pa helps me nail it into the tree outside. It needs a proper unveiling.

Overall, my Christmas mini haul was very successful. Now I just need to get back to construction!

Happy New Year! Here's to hoping that 2014 isn't quite the clusterf*ck that 2013 was.

*smiles*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You hit the mini motherlode!

Sarah K. said...

Oh I love Dutch baby houses. I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

That cow cookie jar is on my wishlist too.

Enjoy all of your new littles!

Cindy said...

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I just love following along on your dollhouse adventures. I don't think I would have the patience to take on this hobby, but I sure do enjoy your results!

Debora said...

Mini Happy New Year days to you!

Blondie said...

Aw, I love you guys. :) :) :)

terry said...

that cow and rooster cookie jar? i have it! in real human size, i mean! so cute!

wonderful gifts. can't wait to see what you do with them. happy new year!