Friday, September 06, 2013

Wee Friday Fun


Since I was already all excited about Drink Me Café yesterday, I decided to make a Hobby Lobby run to get the things I need for the event. Above, you can see the somewhat neutral color palette I chose because I've been making really LOUD minis lately, and I thought it might be good to have a change. Also, I downloaded a bunch of beautiful, free teacup and teapot graphics from the Graphics Fairy, so I was trying to keep in line with the colors of the artwork. I'm really thrilled that she had this kitten teacup image because I'm going to use it for the café sign, and the kitty can be Dinah. WHOOT!

Whenever I go to Hobby Lobby, I immediately check out the clearance wall. I found these blue flower jewelry findings there and the package of keys. The pocket watch is from the scrapbooking section, and the bottles are from the (very sad and small) dollhouse miniatures section:


I ordered a special teapot set for the shop online, but then I saw this little set and decided to grab it to stock the tables if I don't have enough cups. You can never have too many mini plates. You'll always use them somewhere:


This package of paper, clear, and puffy "stuff" was on a clearance rack. I don't really know what it is, but it's labeled as "ephemera." I'm sure all of you scrapbookers know what this stuff is. Basically, I bought it because it was super cheap and there is a rose AND a flamingo in there:


The wallpaper choices are a tad bit louder. I'm pretty sure I'll go with the one on the right because I can't stop looking at it:


When I got home, I decided to try out the yarn ball tutorial from Casey's Minis for the Spring Fling secret build. This bowl is quite large, so I thought I could set it on the floor and fill it with yarn and sewing doodads. I made the balls of yarn while watching Project Runway, which is a great way to feel like you're a kindergartner making a school project. Then I made the spool from a tiny turning and a very funny looking embroidery floss thing. I'll have to keep practicing on that one:


But when I put them in the bowl, they sank. Looks like I'll need to stuff the bottom or make a TON more yarn balls:


There, now didn't looking at all of those wee things make you happy? I thought they would. HAPPY FRIDAY!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

So cute! I'm very excited to see all of your current mini projects completed!

Lisa! said...

You must have a ton of patience to work on things so small!!!