Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wallpaper Adventures


I had a big day in the Beacon Hill yesterday. Over my lunch break, I wallpapered the Serial Killer Room, or the Crime Room. I think the Crime Room is more accurate because I plan to put all kinds of crime things in there, and not everyone represented killed more than one person -- or was even real in Real Life. It's complicated. It will all make sense one day, I promise.


I used YES paste to put up the paper. It was a little wonky, a little messy, and a little frustrating. But I got it all done and am super happy with the results. The windows and door are covered with the paper right now. I'll cut them out later with my X-Acto. I didn't line up the patterns perfectly because I only had so much paper to work with. The Beacon Hill rooms are super deep. You don't really notice this until you try to start decorating them. The ceiling has paper on it as well, and the floor is white because it's been primed. Flooring and trim are to come.

My dollhouse has been a bare shell for SO long that it's starting to look odd to me that it has pretty colors on it. I'm having a wonderful time planning, planning, planning. It's hard for me to actually make progress on the house though because my house is super dark at night, and I have to WORK during the day and all. It's best to find little moments during the day or just work on it on the weekends. Slow and easy wins the race.

I gotta tell ya, I'm not exactly sure how I convinced myself to buy this kit all those years ago, but it was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I can't believe a box full of wood has been able to bring me so much joy. I love it.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

it looks great.. I can't wait to see it with flooring